Torpado is a marque which dates from1908, and was especially noteworthy during the era of Coppi & Bartali. They were sponsors of major international teams and enjoyed the reputation commensurate with that level of involvement. The original Italian factory closed down not long after being bought by foreign owners in the late 1980s. Steel Roadies offers the nice example of mid level range pearl yellow / gold Torpado Nuovo Sprint street racer.
It is very solid bike ideal for daily commuting in style that offers stiff but comfy fast ride! Except new cables, tubs and handlebars this Torpado supposed to be equipped with original contemporary parts. Very special are Torpado hubs, that are really hard to find today.
• Columbus Aelle steel tubing, original paint and decals!
• Frame measurement Seat Tube – 55,5cm, Top Tube -54,5cm, Down Tube-63,5cm
• Torpado dropouts
• Mavic alloy clincher rims
• Torpado hubs with Ofmega skewers
• Regina Oro freewheel 14-23t
• Ofmega Headset
• Campagnolo Valentino Front Derailleur
• Campagnolo Valentino Extra Special Rear Derailleur
• Campagnolo Valentino Gear Levers
• Alloy Seat Post NOS
• Ofmega cottered crankset
• Ofmega BB shell ITA
• Ballila Brake Levers
• 3TTT Mod. Competizione Handlebars
• Varese Alloy stem
• Selle Royal leather seat