First is to understand that classic frames should primarilly be kept as original. Having known this I always try to judge and inspect the condition of each one.
If the frame needs to undertake the restoration, it will be procesed as following:
- Date correct decals will be pre-ordered.
- Grafic designer will create coppies of every decal as original.
- Vinyl decals will be under clear coat.
- Old paint is stripped manually (chemical paint remover)
- If needed, cracs or dents will be brazed and repaired
- I use 2k wet paints
- Two coats of primer
- Two or three coats of paint (according what base is needed)
- Two or three coat coats of clear coat
Each frame is reamed as following:
- Head Tube
- Bottom Bracket - thread taped
- Seat Tube
- Bottle cage eylets thread taped
Wish you to have your frame restored, please contact me anytime, for details and price quotation. Shipping costs inside Europe per frame is 30EUR.
All my work can be viewed on Flickr or Facebook.