The beauty you are looking at is one of the most famous race bikes in the history of cycling. Made by famous but controversial Ernesto Colnago, Super / Mexico was the best what the world of Professional cycling of 70ties and 80ties could offer. There are many reasons and successful stories behind Colnago´s fame. His name becomes legend when Eddy Merckx set new Hour record on 25.10.1972 riding TT special bike made by Colnago. To commemorate this fact, Ernesto made a new model Mexico in 1974 with set of special decals. Ernesto is also great marketer what declared fact, that he devoted to Pope John Paul II the completely 24kt gold plated Colnago Mexico Oro frame set bicycle! Our silver / grey Colnago Mexico was made most propably in the late 70´s (1978-1979).
Hand made frame is super light ( made by at that time best tubing from Columbus – SL ) with many pantographed trefoil symbols so characteristic for Colnago itself. Except the tubulars the whole bike is completely original equipped with full Campagnolo Gran Sport groupset with wonderfully pantographed seatpost with San Marco Rolls leather seat. Campagnolo Record hubs are laced to Mavic GP4rims, which make of this bike an ultra fast pocket rocket! Colnago community gaining on streght every day and without doubt vintage Colnago bikes are most sought after rides these days. Especially when they are in rare original state and perfect condition! Do do not hesitate and contact us when having interest.
• pantographed lugs, full chrome panto fork with flat crown, Columbus SL steel tubing, original paint and decals!
• Campagnolo / Colnago dropouts.
• Frame measurement Seat Tube – 51,5cm, Top Tube -54cm, Down Tube-60cm
• Mavic GP4 alloy clincher rims
• Campagnolo Record Hubs with original skewers
• Shimano 6 speed Freewheel 13-24t
• Wolber Triathlon pro tyres
• Campagnolo Gran Sport Headset
• Campagnolo Gran Sport Front Derailleur
• Campagnolo Gran Sport Rear Derailleur
• Campagnolo Gran Sport Gear Levers
• Campagnolo Record Colnago pantographed Seat Post
• Campagnolo Gran Sport Strada crankset 170 mm, 52 x 42t,
• Campagnolo BB shell ITA
• Campagnolo Gran Sport Brake Levers
• Cinelli Giro d´Italia Handlebars 65-42
• Cinelli 1A stem
• San Marco Rolls leather seat